Our second day
Today Toni and V-P went for their first day at the office. Toni was a little nervous; he's so cute, hihi. When we opened the door of our room, there was the newspaper waiting for us... :) We went to eat breakfast (included) and it was still like yesterday at the restaurant: we didn't know what we were eating. At the restaurant I think we made fools out of ourselves; we asked more information about everything! There was a menu but we didn't know any of the dishes in it. Okay, curry and naan we did know, but all the rest was mystery. The waiter smiled and then I laughed and apologized and said that excuse us, it's our first time in India!! He laughed and said that it’s okay. When we got our plates, wow it was spicy. They did not ask if we wanted to have our food as mild, medium or hot, the meals were just hot. May be they do have it only super hot here, hmm...
We went food shopping with Heli and the kids. Ali, our chauffeur, tried to find a supermarket where he could park, but no chance. So he left us next to a supermarket and we called him to pick us up when we were ready. Ali said that the only problem in Bangalore is the traffic and the lack of parking places. We bought some food and some other household stuff. Food shopping lesson nro one: all that is imported from Europe is expensive. When I looked at the bill, the items from abroad were over one Euro, even five Euros (!!) and the rest were under one Euro. I didn't know that, so I just took and took and took more and more items and the surprise was big when the shopping cost all together a little bit over 2000 rs!! Kääk! It's like 35 Euros!! We’re ruined! hihi. We bought some fruit as well. For example fresh mangos which were like in Senegal, YUM. I almost fainted when I saw them and had to ask if they really were mangos. Really. Even during breakfast we had fresh cut fruits and juice, paradise.
P.S. By the way, we got stuck in the elevator today! Me, the other chauffeur and Iina! The electricity went off, but it was not scary, only for a couple of minutes. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment