Welcome to India with us!

For those who don't know it yet, we have moved permanently in India!! No, just kidding.. We have come here because of Toni's work. It's a secondment of six months, so we'll be there till the end of June: Toni working, me studying (and may be working as well), but both exploring a totally new world!

This blog is written in English, so that everybody could understand something. However, there is an automatic translator on our page, which will give you a funny translation in almost any language.

The English translation for the topic is: "Rupees and paise". In Finnish it's a fun wordplay; rupia means scabs and paiseita abscesses, hihhih.
We'll try to write every week, but let's see..

Enjoy your trip with us,
M&T

Can you find us?

Can you find us?
We'll be living "up there" ->...:OD

Käännös suomeksi - Traduction en français

Saat automaattisen "käännöksen" blogistamme valitsemalla kieleksi suomi allaolevasta ikkunasta
(Select Language).

Pour voir la "traduction" française automatique de notre blog, choisis "Français" dans la grille ci-dessous
(Select Language).

Sunday, 10 January 2010

8.1.2010

Our new room

Today I was stuck at home again… Last night was terrible: my fever went so high that Toni got scared. In the morning it just continued. By the time it was time to get up and Toni borrowed the thermometer from V-P, I had started sweating like a little animal. Finally! That meant that the fever was going down. And when I got to measure my temperature it was only 37.3 anymore. I felt so relieved. Still I’m feeling sore and the head-, eye- and earaches etc. have not gone away, but I’m feeling much better. I even see colors more clearly! I would not have been so scared in Finland, but because this is a new country, I got a little scared. But now, let’s move on to other stuff.

Today we changed rooms. We came one floor up, because here we have a washing machine. I was not comfortable with giving my clothes for someone else to wash; here I draw the line, hih. I like the colors much more in this apartment, this one has more light too and now we have two balconies. :OD The living room is smaller, but the bedroom seems to be bigger. It’s originally a two bedroom apartment but we don’t have access to the other one, because we don’t need it. V-P’s family has a similar apartment, with access to both rooms, because they have two children. If we get visitors, we could ask if it would be possible to use the other room for them... ;o) This episode reminded me of the culture of Africa. We were told on Monday that on Tuesday we’ll have the washing machine and we’ll switch rooms. On Thursday we were told that Friday. And today from 10:00 to 15:00 I was waiting and waiting with everything packed. I was afraid of doing anything else, because every minute I thought they are coming to get me. But on the other hand I had nothing else to do, but to lie and to try to recover. But I couldn’t do it properly, because I waited for someone, for anyone to come and say: NOW MADAM, NOW you can shift to the third floor MADAM… :O) Toni has experienced the same at work, poor him: all has been a lot of waiting and frustration with not being able to work, because of the robbery and stuff.

No comments: