Some of the äyyyr <3 so romantic gifts we got to each other, hih :)
Yeah, it’s Valentine’s Day here in Bangalore also! And boy did we notice that it is quite different than in Finland. As Finnish people know, there it’s more like a special day for friends, but here it’s a day for lovers, how cute <3 The whole city got and looked romantic, even the restaurant we went to have dinner was full of pink heart shaped balloons, hihi. The TV showed only presents you could get for your companion (jewellery) and that is now annoying because the same advertisements are STILL going on. I’m not up with this kind of “tricks”: If you love someone the only thing to do is to buy some expensive diamonds… NOT.
Our Valentine’s Day went well (a special Valentine’s Day movie at the theater, dinner in the evening and of course some small presents like chocolate), BUT it could have gone worse BECAUSE: The day before there was a terrorist attack in Pune! We got so scared. A bomb exploded in a German restaurant. They apparently tried to kill foreigners but mostly residents were killed, so sad. Whole India was set in alert and big cities closer to Pakistan (like Mumbai and Delhi) were set in high alert. They also said that we should not be in places with lots of people, especially tourists. That’s why 30 min before the beginning of the movie we were still at home wondering if we should go or not: The theater was in a big mall and the movie was an American one. You get the picture? :o/ We were afraid but we went anyway. I was scared the whole time, especially when I heard a big noise and screams in the mall. I thought that this is it, but at the same time I thought why it’s still so calm? When I turned around I saw young men who had fallen from the mall’s “terror house” and they were screaming. Boy, I was relieved.
And that’s not all. The same day a radical religious group had forbidden young people to walk hand in hand or do anything “inappropriate”. They warned that they would punish the disobedient ones. They don’t want people who aren’t married or seriously thinking of getting married to do so. That day Toni and I walked far from each other. :o(
No comments:
Post a Comment